Blocking yahoo messenger using IPTables

IAK Tanoli sendtoimtiaz at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 16:58:26 UTC 2004

i just need firewall rule like for msn messenger i used and was successful but how to block yahoo messenger

does any body know???

Mike Burger <mburger at bubbanfriends.org> wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

> On Saturday 13 March 2004 07:24 am, IAK Tanoli wrote:
> > hi all
> >
> > i want to block yahoo & msn messenger using iptables. I have successfully
> > block msn messenger using iptbales with the following command:
>
> Why not block everything, then just let the traffic that you want go thru?
> That is the basic things that people do with firewall / ip tables anyway. If
> you do it that way, then you don't need to know specifically how to block
> this or that, because you block everything, except for certain traffic that
> you know you want, ie, ssh if you run ssh server, http (port 80) if you run
> webserver, etc.

Because he's trying to block outgoing traffic?
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request at bubbanfriends.org

with a message of:

subscribe