how to assign boot file for DHCP server

Manuel Aróstegui Ramirez manuaroste at yahoo.es
Mon Mar 15 09:29:10 UTC 2004

 --- myothello myothello <myothello2 at yahoo.com>
escribió: > I had setup a DHCP server successfully.  I
can use a
> PXE network card at client to get the IP address.
> But
> it cannot get the file to boot.  I created a netboot
> file called bootImage using mknbi-dos, not sure can
> be
> use. And where can I store it such that client can
> pick it up.  And where can I set the path for the
> client to pick it up from the server?
>
> Thanks.

Each Linux client must have in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 a line like:
BOOTPROTO=dhcp

And in their boot they will know that they must
connect their dhcp server and get their private IP.

Best Regards

=====
--

Manuel Aróstegui Linux user 200896