SMB Authentication on RH8

Hernan Dario Arredondo hernanrivera at med-orden.com.co
Fri Mar 19 13:51:09 UTC 2004

hi everyone !!!!

When I was installing RH8 for first time it show me an option for
authentication methods, I select SMB and fill the fields WORKGROUP and
DOMAIN CONTROLERS with the information of my LAN, and then I conf.
SAMBA, join the Linux machine to my domain, and voila a user of my
domain can login in this maquine as like a Windows machine....

My quiestion is...

How PAM, RH or anything in the bless name of God do this posible...??? I
can do it in the rest of Linux distro ??? How ??

Regards

Hernan Dario