MX record

Bill Clery bill at lyceumllc.com
Fri Mar 19 12:13:07 UTC 2004

The outside mail will still have to come to the machine with the public
address - so it must continue to run sendmail.

This machine could forward the mail onto another machine with an internal
address.  Use the virtusertable to redirect the mail to a private name and
put the private name MX in your DNS.  You may even be able to put a line in
you virtusertable like:

*@mypublicdomain.com   *@192.168.30.4

This would avoid any internal MX line.  not sure that's legal.

Bill