PHP 4.3.4 on Red Hat 7.3

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Mon Mar 22 13:09:39 UTC 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 12:17 am, Peter Kiem wrote:
> I need to upgrade to PHP 4.3.4 on a Red Hat 7.3 server and ideally I would
> like to use an RPM solution to avoid broken dependancies.
>
> Would the Fedora Core 1 SRPM of PHP work on a Red Hat 7.3 server

I doubt it. But you can try of course.

> or would
> I be better trying to roll-my-own from a pristine .tar.gz from php.net?

I would do this. It's not that hard really. Run a php script with phpinfo() in
it with the current version of PHP that you have now, so you can see what are
all the configure options. You may not need all that, but it's good as
reference to get you started quickly. Copy that and save it in some file.
Then run configure from the php*.tar.gz with those options that you need.
I'll probably take about 10 mins on any decent machine.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy