Could be routing problem?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Mar 23 05:43:22 UTC 2004

At 22:05 3/22/2004, you wrote:
>On Monday 22 March 2004 19:54, Cowles, Steve wrote:
> > To be honest, I have no idea whay the above is happening. This
> > could very well be a routing problem that sendmail does not know
> > how to deal with, but I'll be damned if I can see it.
> >
> > I hate to admit, but I'm out of ideas. Sorry!
> > Steve Cowles

If all else fails, then try the brute force/disaster management tactic:
find and remove all sendmail-related RPM packages. Find and remove any
traces of old config files. Remove any forwarding/management issues from
/etc/aliases. Then reinstall sendmail and reconfigure while documenting
carefully the steps taken.

If the problem reoccurs, then either (a) we'll find it in the carefully
documented steps or (b) it's not a sendmail problem at all.

I'm kind of lost too... never seen Sendmail do anything like this either,
and I'm no expert precisely because I've never needed to be. :-)

Post again with current status and what path you'll take, OK? I'd love to
help you find a solution to all of this, and I'm learning some as we go
along too! (Thanks, Steve!)

>Perhaps I've missed this but I haven't seen any investigation of
>whether there's a .forward/.procmail/alias issue here.  Mark have you
>look at this angle?  I noticed that the first to was to
>mark at neidorff.com and all the subsequent were to=mark.

Mike's got a damn good point here... it may or may not be the problem, but
it sure is something we haven't looked at.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com