mozilla plugins for vnc viewer

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Wed Mar 24 13:06:27 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 03:44 am, Chiu, PCM (Peter)  wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where can I get the x-java-vm plugins on mozilla
> so  I can use VNC viewer with mozilla?
>
> At the moment, under RH9, when I tried http://host:5801/
> <http://host:5801/> ,
> it complains that I need the x-java-vm plugin to view this.

What you need is Java plugin. When run in browser, VNC viewer uses java.

Download the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html
it's under the header "Download J2SE v 1.4.2_03"

Then, put a symbolic link under your mozilla/plugins like this:

cd <whatever_your_mozila_dir_is>/plugins
ln -s /<path_to_java_install>/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy