using rh9 as a print-server

Bjørn-Sverre Nøttum bsnottum at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:42:15 UTC 2004

Hallo!

I have a rh9 server running with samba an cups. I have installed an oki
laser-jet network printer on the server.

The server runs with win98 clients, and I want the win98 clients to use the
rh9 server as print-server.

I have shared the printer, so it is visible from the win98 clients, and
printing directly from the server worsk just fine.

However, when I try to print from a win98 nothing happens. There are no
error-messages and no print-output. The printing jobs just seem to
disappear.

Can anyone give help on this? Thanks!

Bjørn-Sverre