Fwd: Please confirm your email for brent at mailstation.us

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Wed Mar 31 23:12:44 UTC 2004

Seams like a lose/lose situation, either the list's contributors get
pummeled with these very annoying "http://www.MailStation.US" links. OR
"http://www.MailStation.US" users have to give up on an easy anti-spam
solution.

Unless of course there is a simple compromise... Steve says the problem
is that the "From:" header line doesn't indicate the redhat list?
Might I suggest that those list users who wish yo use that kind of
spamblocking subscribe instead to the "Digest" version. Then the actual
"From:" header would say "redhat-list-request at redhat.com" with
individual subjects embedded in the attachments. If a list user can't do
without such an inane form of spam protection on the mailbox used to
subscribe, then I think it's only common courtesy for them to subscribe
to the version that can be programed into their white list.

Wouldn't that solve the problem? Err of course that is IF and only IF
you can get the "http://www.MailStation.US" users to settle for the
digest...

Granted the "Digest" may take a little getting used to for some. And it
might be that some mail clients make it difficult to work with. But I
can say it's no problem with pine. I simply index an attachment from
the attachment list. IE: this time I selected a line that said:
' Message, "Re: Fwd: Please confirm your email for'
Then selected the view function. Since I started the reply while viewing
the message pine took care of the subject line for me and initially
quoted only the one attachment's content... So I'm inclined to think the
better gui mail clients should handle the digest well enough.

It's just an idea...
--
|   ---   ___
|   <0>   <->	   Joe (theWordy) Philbrook
|	^
|    ~\___/~

But if I actually knew everything, then I'd know I was an idiot...

It would appear that on Mar 29, Steve Buehler did say: