find local computers

I recently wrote an exec to find the active ip addr's on my lan by pinging every possibility on my class C network. This works nicely, only taking about 15 seconds of wall time to complete. The output looks like this:

$ ./findIps
preparing pings
start pinging
1 is on the network
3 is on the network
7 is on the network
160 is on the network
240 is on the network
End of story
$

Is there any way that I could also discover the names of each of these active network locations?

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml