SAMBA on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (v. 3 for x86)

I keep getting the message unable to connect to SAMBA host. I have the correct //hostname/printname and I set the ISP but it will not let me configure my printer on the SAMBA machine HP P1100 I had it working once and then re-installed my system and now it is not working. Any suggestions?