hosts.allow and hosts.deny files

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Tue Mar 2 09:35:00 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 04:40, Uuganbat Altangerel wrote:
> hi all,
>
> How can I configure hosts.allow and hosts.deny files because I want
> to remote access via telnet from only one ip address and another ip
> address users are can`t access to server.
>
> I think this configuretion on hosts.allow and hosts.deny files.
> Plz tell me how can i configure.

Since telnet is run via xinetd you can also set up your
/etc/xinetd.d/telnet configuration file to allow only certain IP
addresses to connect (see "man xinetd.conf") as follows:

23:04:36 # cat /etc/xinetd.d/telnet
# default: on
#       unencrypted username/password pairs for authentication.
service telnet
{
        disable = no
        flags           = REUSE