Backing up over network

Brian redlance at theholt.net
Tue Mar 2 12:40:03 UTC 2004

Greetings!

I have 2 RedHat boxen, One is RH 9.0 with SCSI DDS3 tape drive (we'll name
it bearclaw).  The other is RH 8.0, with 100 GB IDE drive(named pike).

Pike has ~41 gig of MP3's on his drive.  I want to back them up to
Bearclaw's DDS3 drive.

What is the easiest way to do this?  Will dd work?  It's my understanding
that dd does not support tape spanning.  I have 12gig (native) tapes, so
I'll need to span accross about 4 tapes, to get it all.

Thanks!
Brian