Apache proxy?

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Tue Mar 2 15:49:00 UTC 2004

At 03:42 PM 3/2/2004, Jeff wrote:

>I have a webserver running on one of the boxes LAN and I need to be able
>to go to http://mydomain.com/newdirectory/ (or
>http://newdirectory.mydomain.com with virtual hosting) and need apache to
>proxy content from 192.168.0.5:80 to the outside world.

I did this using the reverse_proxy directive. It helps if you have a static
ip from your isp, and also you'll have to be sure that they aren't blocking
incoming port 80 requests to your ip. For the second then make sure you can
see your gateway's server from the internet via ip addr otherwise there's
no point.

Jeff, you do realize that to do this with apache you'll need to be running
apache on your gateway box as well as on the other server on your lan,
right? Then the reverse proxy establishes that

e.g. port 80 get requests to 202.22.11.9/jeffstuff
serves content from 192.168.0.5

so that second box also must be running apache. At least this describes how
I got it to run. - then quickly disallowed all outside reqs ;)

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml