Re: Apache proxy?

At 03:42 PM 3/2/2004, Jeff wrote:

A bit of an odd setup but i think the proxy engine in apache should be able to do it - anyone know what to put in httpd.conf?

Jeff,

My last reply was partly wrong, though the stuff about your ip addr and needing to run apache on both boxes is right afaik. Here's the relevant part of my gateway machine's conf file:

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName howami
        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyPass / http://yoyomaplayscello/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://yoyomaplayscello/
</VirtualHost>

In addition, my gateway's hosts file includes these lines:

#       Virtual Domains

192.168.0.1     howami
192.168.0.160   yoyomaplayscello

Depending on how much of this you're already familiar with this may be a lot or a little, so ask if you need more info.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml