Redhat 9 / RAID and 2k sector sizes

Andre Karobkoff andre at hugesystems.com
Tue Mar 2 18:47:00 UTC 2004

Hello,

I desperately need some urgent assistance to resolve an issue.  Just
installed RH9.  Using on-board scsi to connect a 5 drive array that is
configured in RAID 3 at 2k, sector sizes being 2048.  When trying to perform an
fdisk on /dev/sda, I receive the following error: Note: sector size is 2048
(not 512).  There is a kernel error preceding this stating Kernel Bug at
buffer.c :2568!

This was not an issue in 7.3.  If I reset my array to RAID 0 there is not an
issue since it is using 512 sector sizes.  I would greatly appreciate any
help and advice!

Thanks in advance,

Andre N. Karobkoff
Software Engineer/Analyst