Re: Kernel panic on "cups" startup

Toralf Lund wrote:

My (Red Hat 9) system has started displaying a "kernel panic" message on the console, then freezing completely, when the "cups" service is started. Everything worked fine a couple of days ago, and as usual, I know of no setup changes made since then. With cups disabled, the system seems to operate correctly, except I can't print, obviously. There is no printer connected directly to this host; cups is used to print across the net. I'm not sure I can give you the exact error message, as it doesn't seem to be stored in the system log or anything.

Any ideas?

- Toralf

No errors even in /var/log/cups?

Regards,