RPM functions taking forever

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Tue Mar 2 21:52:03 UTC 2004

I tried to remove an rpm from my system (RH 8) earlier this evening, but
the computer seemed to have stalled.  I killed the process, and began
executing rpm --rebuilddb.  So far it has taken nearly ten minutes to do
this, and I'm hearing no disk activity on my computer.

What could be causing this delay?  Is it something that I should be
panicking about?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford