Re: RPM functions taking forever

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

I tried to remove an rpm from my system (RH 8) earlier this evening, but
the computer seemed to have stalled.  I killed the process, and began
executing rpm --rebuilddb.  So far it has taken nearly ten minutes to do
this, and I'm hearing no disk activity on my computer.

What could be causing this delay?  Is it something that I should be
panicking about?

Just as well you put down you're using RH8.

This is a know bug and due to stale RPM lock file.

The answer is here:

http://www.rpm.org/hintskinks/repairdb/

Regards,
Ed.