how to restrict users from shutting down and rebooting server

Kashif Awan kashif_aawan at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 23:53:01 UTC 2004

Hello everyone
I am a newbie to linux I have installed RedHat Linux AS 2.1.
I am running this server for testing . I created a user using adduser command after login I try to execute command shutdown it says command not found but when I tried halt,poweroff and reboot commands they worked My first question is that if a user is not allowed to use shutdown command then why they are allowed to execute other commands for same purpose.
Second question is how do I restrict all users (except root and  two other) users from shutting down and rebooting the server.
Somebody pls help me.
Thanks in advance.