Re: cd mount

Hello friends ,
I did something like this;

[root sbe-60 root]# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda2               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0 /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
[root sbe-60 root]# mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
      or too many mounted file systems
[root sbe-60 root]#

Do you have any suggestion?.
thanks....

Mike Burger wrote:

When I want to mount cdrom, I take this message;

"Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
or too many mounted file systems"

Do you have any suggestion?
Thank you?

What was the command line you used?

You probably want to use something like
"mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom"

--
Bülent Açıkgöz
DBA & Sytem Administrator

Mobile: +90 532 5639505
Adress: Ovecler 4.cadde 100.sokak 26-4
OVECLER/ANKARA/TURKIYE

There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.