Apache server permisssions

Ladies and Gents,
	Imagine the following scenario.  I have Apache 2.blah running as
nobody.nobody (httpd.conf).  Now I have 2 virtual hosts, sarah and john.
The users and groups are sarah.sarah and john.john.
	My first question, is why can apache serve a file, whose permissions
are root.root?
	Second, is it safe to have a server setup like the above, without
jailing?

Vasiliy Boulytchev
Colorado Information Technologies, Inc.
http://www.coinfotech.com