ASP on Apache

Alex Yu yua at rpi.edu
Wed Mar 3 18:05:07 UTC 2004

> If they're still around, try out Chili ASP (chili soft).
> They developed an ASP which runs on UNIX.   I imagine
> with some tweaking you could get it to run on Linux
> with Apache

I think it's now called Sun Java System Active Server Page.

Alex

Taken from this URL:

4. Q.
 What is Apache ASP?

  A.
 Apache ASP is an extension to mod_perl that works under the Apache Web
Server. It uses Perl script to provide some "ASP-like" functionality.
Unfortunately, it does not support common scripting languages (e.g.,
VBScript/JScript) - which is what most ASP developers and development
tools use to create ASP code.

http://wwws.sun.com/software/chilisoft/faq.html

7. Q.
 Will you support future versions of ASP?

  A.
 We will not be supporting ASP.NET. ASP.NET is not the next generation
of ASP, rather it is an entirely new and Windows-only development
paradigm, which requires learning an entirely new language. Note that
languages such as VBScript are not supported by ASP.NET.

If you are looking for an open, cross-platform, dynamic Web technology,
we suggest JavaServer Pages (JSP). JSP is supported by powerful and
popular Web development tools, such at Sun ONE Studio 4 and Macromedia's
Dreamweaver MX and can be deployed on nearly any platform.