what does enterprise ES 3 have in /etc/redhat-release?

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Mar 3 18:44:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:26:37AM -0500, Furnish, Trever G wrote:
> Can someone who is running Redhat Enterprise 3 tell me what that OS should
> have in /etc/redhat-release?  I thought I installed RHEL3, but I seem to
> have redhat9. :-(  My redhat-release file contains:
>
> Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)

I have WS 3.0 running at work, if that will help. Lemme know.

[later]
OK, the WS 3.0 says:
	"Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3"
followed by the release name in parens (I'm not looking directly at
that file, but at a program I have that parses it, and my program
strips off the parenthesized release name before it does a string
compare).

So, ES should be identical except that WS ==> ES.
                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.