Re: find local computers

At 08:13 PM 3/3/2004, Pete Nesbitt wrote:

Looks looks like responding to a broadcast ping, as Keith stated, does not work for Win boxes.

I wasn't clear. I ran the command on my rh9 box from an ssh session on my winxp box. The rh box was the only response I got.

> yes, except I don't know about broadcast addresses
you mean you don't understand them or it doesn't work?

I don't understand them. (so can't very say whether it's working or not)

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml