Re: Cannot email

John Jacks wrote:

Hi ;
I am trying to email from my redhat box .This is what is happening .
[root root]# ps -aux | sendmail

I think this is piping the output of the ps command to sendmail. So...

Recipient names must be specified

is a correct response, if your sendmail is on your command path ($PATH).

Try instead:

# ps auwwx | grep mail

If you're looking for sendmail processes. (There is likely a better grep.)

[root root]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...

This is a firewall? or you are not running sendmail. But the former implies you are. Hmmm... let me think about that...

Finally, if you want to do the former, mail your ps stdout, try:

# ps auwwx > /tmp/ps.out
# /usr/sbin/sendmail -r to domain from domain < /tmp/ps.out

Please can anyone guide .
Thanks
John