"change time" is being modified.

Shaw, Marco Marco.Shaw at aliant.ca
Thu Mar 4 14:54:05 UTC 2004

The find command has a '-ctime' argument.  We are having problems
where an unknown process is changing the 'change time' on files for
some unknown reason.

These files are library files, and I can't see why the change time
would be modified.  The O'Reilly Linux in a Nushell book mentions
that the change time can be modified by a chmod command, for example.

How might I try to find the culprit?  Would lsof or something help me?

If you could be so kind to please reply to marco DOT shaw AT aliant DOT ca.

Marco