Re: x-server

On Friday 05 March 2004 07:34 am, diego veiga embraer com br wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Does anybody knows a good x-server to emulate X applications from unix to
> windows pcs?
> PS: Better a free one.

if you're looking for X server for Windows, get cygwin:
http://www.cygwin.com/
It's free. You may want to make sure that you choose XFree86 (X server and
it's related stuff) during install, because I don't think it's enable by
default.
You may also want to install SSH client (bundled with cygwin). If you
installed the XFree86 with cygwin, you then can open a cygwin console and
type startx and you'll get an X server on a windows machine.

HTH

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja