Re: all loopback devices are in use

Is this just a kernel option? One perhaps I didn't compile in? If I boot of the stock RH 9 kernel and build a new kernel I don't have this problem. It's only when I boot off my new kernel and rebuild it that the problem occurs.

Thanks for the quick response!

Doug P

Manuel Aróstegui Ramirez wrote:
 --- Douglas Phillipson <dougp intermind net>
escribió: > When installing a new kernel, after the
whole

compile appeared to be successful, I get the error:

All of your loopback devices are in use.
mkinitrd failed

What is this and why does it happen?

Thanks

Doug P

Your Kernel need a loopback to create your ram disk's
image (on the boot process)
Are you sure that you have activate loopback support?

Regards

=====
--

Manuel Aróstegui Linux user 200896

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es

--
               Douglas Phillipson
               Internet Consultant

Stop worrying about Microsoft peeking into your computer's data.
Install GNU/Linux for a secure, highly stable Operating System.