kswapd sucking up CPU / bugs database

Ken Rossman rossman at columbia.edu
Sun Mar 7 16:53:01 UTC 2004

> On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 21:43, Ken Rossman wrote:
>> ...I am looking for any patch that addresses the issue of kswapd
>> occasionally going nutso with CPU time and pretty much taking
>> over the system.  I need to kill this one pretty quickly.
>
> What red Hat version are you using?

Apologies.  I'm usually a bit better about providing more info.

OS:	RH8.0
HW:	Dell PowerEdge servers 1650 and 2650.

> They are usually called errata if that helps your search.

Ah, OK...  I've seen the errata sections, though without looking too
much
at them, I assumed they were something more along the lines of
corrections
to documentation rather than bug/patch info.  I'll have another look.

Thanks,
KR