System configuration reporters

Ken Rossman rossman at columbia.edu
Sun Mar 7 16:56:04 UTC 2004

Looking for Linux systems programs that report things about the system's
current software and hardware configurations.  For example, number and
type
of CPU, how much memory (how much in each DIMM slot, even, if possible),
how many IO controllers and what type, etc.  Also, soft config info such
as installed packages (well, I already know about rpm), installed
patches,
software version listings, etc.

I don't suppose there are any standardized sets of tools to do this...
probably a program over here, another program over there, etc?

KR