Exchange server replacement

Mikevl mikevl at paradise.net.nz
Sun Mar 7 18:05:01 UTC 2004

Hi Jeff

There are only two products that work as a replacement for MS Excahnge that
allow Outlook to work in MAPI mode. They are www.samsungcontact.com and
www.scalix.com both of these are commercial products.

If you don't have a budget full stop then you are stuck with a hogpog of
IMAP products so why not stich to sendmail and manage it through Webmin. It
comes with the system.

Most other products are commercial varients of IMAP implementations. i.e.
you pay for what you can get in Sendmail for free.

Many thanks

Mike