cron.daily script is failing

jg jg573 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 18:47:00 UTC 2004

Hi,
I have a script being called by cron.daily to be
executed every 24 hrs. at midnite.
(copies some web server logs over to a remote log
server via scp).

I have this exact same cron job & script running fine
on 2 of 4 systems, everything is identical with the 4
systems, word for word, line for line...

It works on 2 systems that are remote, they can copy
the logs over to the log server just fine.

On the 2 systems that are on the log servers local
LAN, the cronjob fails.
Well at least, it doesn't copy the logs over.
It's not appearing to be a communication issue, these
machines can see each other just fine, they scp with
no problem.

If I execute the script manually from command line, it
works fine, it SCP's the files over to the log server
just like it should.
But for some reason or other, cron.daily will not fire
this off.
Or if it is firing it off,  it is dying somewhere.

I don't know where else to look to see if there are
any particular errors.

My question is where can I look to see specifically
the output/errors/results from the cron.daily job(s).
And, any idea why this would fail, all the appropiate
cards seem to be in place.

Here is a breakdown:

*System A - Works ok, logs get there - (Remote Srvr).
*System B - Works ok, logs get there - (Remote Srvr).
*System C - Works manually, but not via cron.daily
*System D - Works manually, but not via cron.daily

*Log Server - gets the logs from Systems A & B every
nite at midnite, doesn't get anything from C & D.

Any idea ???????