OFF-TOPIC:FreeBSD question

I know that it's not the mailing list to ask these, so
if you don't want to answer there is no problem.

I was running FreesBIE, a FreeBSD-live, and I set up
my ethernet card, my local IP, my broadcast, netmask,
gateway...
The problem is when a I was trying to set up my DNS
servers, I edited my /etc/resolv.conf and there was
not /etc/resolv.conf
Must I created it?
DNS nameserver are setting in /etc/resolv.conf like a
Linux?

Thanks,
Best regads,
Manuel Aróstegui Ramírez