Outlook Client Replacement

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Mon Mar 8 11:17:01 UTC 2004

On March 8, 2004 08:06 am, jg wrote:
> In light of the recent Exchange Server replacment
> topic...
> I have a dumb question, is there any "client" software
> that will work as an Outlook replacment (or partial
> replacment)?
>
> i.e. Company runs Exchange for mail & everyone here
> uses Outlook.
>
> I run Linux as a desktop, my only way to currently get
> into Outlook is via a VMware WinXP install on top my
> Linux system or, use the crappy OWA (Outlook Web
> Access).
>
> Sorry if it's a redundant question.
> But I would like to know.
>
> -j

I run the exact thing at work  (but w2k in vmware). There is a product called
connector (I think) from Ximian that will allow Evolution to act as an
Exchange client. There is a license fee. Unfortunately, we run exchange 5 and
it only works with newer versions.
Check it out at: http://www.ximian.com/products/connector/

--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce