OFF-TOPIC:FreeBSD question--SOLVED

Manuel Aróstegui Ramirez manuaroste at yahoo.es
Mon Mar 8 11:31:01 UTC 2004

 --- Manuel Aróstegui Ramirez <manuaroste at yahoo.es>
escribió: > I know that it's not the mailing list to
ask these,
> so
> if you don't want to answer there is no problem.
>
> I was running FreesBIE, a FreeBSD-live, and I set up
> my ethernet card, my local IP, my broadcast,
> netmask,
> gateway...
> The problem is when a I was trying to set up my DNS
> servers, I edited my /etc/resolv.conf and there was
> not /etc/resolv.conf
> Must I created it?
> DNS nameserver are setting in /etc/resolv.conf like
> Linux?

I edited it, like a normal Linux machine and then
restart de network into /etc/network, that's all.
The only difference beteween ifconfig (Linux) and
ifconfig (FreeBSD) is the interface, in FreeBSD there
is not eth0, it's called rl0so:
ifconfig rl0 x.x.x.x up

Cheers