"Change Drive Order" option during Installation

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Mon Mar 8 20:25:00 UTC 2004

On March 8, 2004 10:25 am, Harry Hoffman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows how the option to "Change Drive Order" works?
> I need to find out the code to replicate this in an already installed
> system.
>
> Thanks,
> Harry
>
> --
> Harry Hoffman
> hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
>------- radical:
> 1) Someone waiting in line to become "The Establishment"

> This mail sent through IpSolutions: http://www.ip-solutions.net/

Hi Harry,
I'm not sure how "Change Drive Order" works, but it likely uses drive mappings
in grub. That should work for you.  I have only used it to add a Win drive to
someones machine after RH was installed.

the idea is grubs kernel/os stanza uses:
  map (hd0) (hd1)
  map (hd1) (hd0)

Like I say, I've only uused that once, but try searching google for details on
using those options.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce