Exchange server replacement

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Mar 9 01:28:00 UTC 2004

At 00:17 3/9/2004, you wrote:
>Scalix is the only viable remaining MAPI based email server software.

Please defend this very ambitious statement.

In particular, please reference both Samsung Contact and CommuniGate Pro.
Note that both of them use Outlook's MAPI mode; that both Samsung Contact
and CommuniGate Pro have been around for years; that both have tens of
thousands of installed users; and that both are actively being developed.
Kindly show why you consider that neither is "viable".

I've never heard of Scalix before today, which is OK. But while I'm
perfectly willing to permit a "Scalix is the best, I love Scalix" type of
remark, calling it "the only viable remaining" Exchange replacement seems
way over the top.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz