x-server

Paul Barclay paul.barclay at digitalbridges.com
Tue Mar 9 04:35:04 UTC 2004

diego.veiga at embraer.com.br wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>Does anybody knows a good x-server to emulate X applications from unix to
>windows pcs?
>PS: Better a free one.
>
>Regards,
>

>Diego Brito Veiga
>Technical Publications
>Phone: +55 (12) 39274293
>Fax: +55 (12) 39273342

I have just moved from Linux to Windows and I am using Cygwin on my
Win2000 machine. Very happy with it, gives a nice bash feel and allows
X11 forwarding so you can use your favorite X applications right there
on your windows desktop.

And it is free!!

PB

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.