Re: Linux traffic shaping problem

You can filtered your Linux Box (the router one)
filetering with IPTables (kernel 2.4 or 2.6) or
IPchains (kernel 2.2).
You must filtered your ethernet card (the one which
have the public address and then route your "clean"
connection to your private ethernet (the private
ethernet card).

I know, I am already doing that.
But I need to shape traffic (assign priorities for different ports, limit bandwidth, balance bandwidth, etc...).
This I'm trying to do with tc, but it doesn't seem to work. iptables work fine, I'm with RH9.

What's the output of cat /proc/net/route?
Have you set up your eth intefaces (hope you have

two

ethernets cards)?
Have you add the route gateway to your Kernel ARP
Table?

route add -net 10.20.6.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth0
for example...

Best Regards

=====
--