Re: RFC email question

On 09-Mar-2004/14:31 -0000, "oxfordmusic.net" <lists oxfordmusic net> wrote:
>Can anyone point me in the direction of good resources for RFC email
>specification? I am trying to construct HTML emails using PHP for our order
>confirmation emails and I want to make them as resilient as possible.

  http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html

You'll need RFC2822 (Internet Message Format) to see all the relevant
headers and generic formatting specifications. For MIME stuff, you'll
need RFC1521 (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions).

I've done this often enough to tell you that reading the RFCs to generate
a one-part message (just text or just HTML) is overkill. All you have to
do is specify the Content-Type in the headers as:

Leave a blank line after the last line of the header then start outputting
content starting with <HTML> (or with the DOCTYPE if you want to be
strict -- see RFC2854).

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:Anthony%20E %20Greene%20%3Cagreene pobox com%3E>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D