Re: Can't get X to start after installing new Video Card

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 15:17:44 -0500 (EST), James Marcinek <jmarc1 jemconsult biz> wrote:

What version of Red Hat are you using? If you're using RH8 or above, you
can try the redhat-config-xfree86 utility... This might help.

James

I installed a new Video Card (ASUS V9520 DVI) in my RHEL WS 3.0 machine
(Dell)
and X won't start. It tried to autoconfigure the card right
after I installed it but I get this error

* ddcprobe returned bogus values:
ID:   None
Name: None
HorizSync: None
VertSync:  None

Is  there a way to configrue this card manually? At this point
I have to log in remotely because I don't get any login prompt
at the console.

I thought there was something called Xconfigurator but I did a find
and it's not on my system.

Thank You
David Martini
LLNL