philosophical question

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Tue Mar 9 22:27:00 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 09:31 pm, MKlinke wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2004 19:39, Ed Wilts wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 08:34:20PM -0500, Tom Westheimer wrote:
> > > I was beginning to think the same thing. I am running a small
> > > website and email server and want to run a PHP app for service
> > > orders.  I have 10 email users so the question what distro do you
> > > think would be the best with the least hassle? Version 7.3 ,
> > > version 9 or FC1?
> >
> > RHL 7.3 is not supported now so there will be no more security
> > updates. RHL 9 is due to be unsupported in about 6 weeks.
> >
> > Depending on your support requirements, I would guess that Red Hat
> > Professional Workstation might be for you.
>
> Ed,
>
> In the light of the warning about not using Apache 2 and PHP for
> production boxes, I'm curious, which versions of Apache/PHP is RHPW
> using?

RHPW comes with Apache 2 and PHP. In fact I raised this issue about apache 2
and PHP in taroon-list, and people said they have not seen problem. I have
not myself tried this in our production box (RHEL 3 WS). We have several PHP
codes that run there, but it's nothing very big or complicated so far, and it
has been working well. Our main PHP server is still running Apache-1.3-x and
PHP-4.3.x on another box though.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja