sendmail relay again

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Wed Mar 10 12:49:03 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 12:12 pm, kluu te wrote:
> I didnt get any proper answer on my earlier posting, so I'll try again.
> What do people do for machines on the local network to use the sendmail
> program on the linux server? I have applied hostname or/and IP RELAY
> in the /etc/mail/access file and rebuild the database.
> restarted sendmail and it didnt work.
> Any ideas?

if you want sendmail to listen to other IP than 127.0.0.1, edit the file
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc, and comment this line:

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')

then run "make -C /etc/mail"

*DO NOT* edit the file /etc/sendmail.cf directly, unless you're absolutely
know what you're doing.

Then add the following to your /etc/hosts.allow:

sendmail: ALL

Restart xinetd, restart sendmail.

RDB
--