sendmail relay again

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Mar 10 13:06:06 UTC 2004

At 11:12 3/10/2004, you wrote:
>I didnt get any proper answer on my earlier posting, so I'll try again.
>What do people do for machines on the local network to use the sendmail
>program on the linux server?
>I have applied hostname or/and IP RELAY
>in the /etc/mail/access file and rebuild the database.
>restarted sendmail and it didnt work.

I'm fairly certain I *did* reply to that post. In any event, I suggest
removing any hostnames and/or IP addresses you hvae added to
/etc/mail/access. Then follow the instructions in the "Sendmail SMTP AUTH
HOWTO" on my website:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

Should get you going and completed in under 15 minutes. 7,000 readers so
far and counting, so I know it works.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com