SSH authorized keys login

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu Mar 11 06:28:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Jithesh wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 March 2004 03:56 am, Manuel Arstegui Ramirez wrote:
> >  --- Jithesh <jitzpop at hotpop.com> escribi: > Hi all,
> >
> > > In order to avoid ssh asking password, I have added
> > > about 30 users into
> > > my authorized keys list. Is there a way by which you
> > > can find which user
> > > logged in ?
> >
> > Try finger (as root)
> > Cheers
>
> > You don't need to be root to do that. 'w' also gives you that and more
> > (check for yourself).
>
> You got it all wrong or maybe my question wasn't conveyed properly. The
> last command gives the users who logged in. Is there a way by which we
> can find who logged in with the ssh key?
>
> Thnks in Adv.

"tail -XXX /var/log/messages | less"  Replace XXX with a number, and then
peruse the output for logins and the word "publickey".

Alternatively, you could run logwatch, which will output, nightly, who
logged in via ssh and how they authenticated.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit