SATA support in RH EL WS v 3.0

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Mar 12 04:03:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 16:33, Cannon, Andrew wrote:

> The question is in the subject of the email really. What support (if any) is
> there for SATA in the boxed version of RH EL WS? We are looking to invest in
> two systems and have been told that SATA support in linux is "flaky". Has
> anyone out there got a system running SATA drives off an MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R
> mobo?

The taroon list is dedicated to RHELv3 Q/A.  You should checkout
the archives for that list since the subject was just recently
discussed.

The real question you have is "what SATA controllers" are supported on
RHELv3?  Thus, the question to you is what SATA controller is on
embedded on your motherboard?

Oh, have you checked the Red Hat site for the HW compatibility chart?

Ed