Re: logwatch question

tom pollerman wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:33:16 -0500
tom pollerman <tompollerman mail landolls com> wrote:

 Bill,

    The default setting in Logwatch is to report ALL the services
listed in /etc/log.d/scripts/services/*. If you don't want mrtg to
be reported you can remove it from there. Or, you can explicitly
list the services Logwatch reportes by editing /etc/conf/logwatch
and changing'Service=ALL' to 'Service=<theservicesyouwant>'. Just
add additional Service=<?> lines. ie.,

Service=modprobe
Service=init
Service=cron
etc......

                                                 Tom

Good to know, thanks.

  Additionally, you can edit /etc/log.d/conf/logwatch.conf and change
'Archives = Yes' to 'No' if you don't want archived log fies reported.

Tom

The issue is not THAT logwatch is reporting on mrtg, it is that it is reporting on mrtg for MORE THAN 'yesterday'. I want logwatch to use the archives if necessary, because there will be days when a log is archived before logwatch has a change to read it.

I just don't understand why it is reporting what it finds in logs going back several years, instead of just what was entered yesterday.

Thanks for the help.

Bill