Blocking yahoo messenger using IPTables

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Sat Mar 13 13:24:18 UTC 2004

On Saturday 13 March 2004 07:24 am, IAK Tanoli wrote:
> hi all
>
> i want to block yahoo & msn messenger using iptables.  I have successfully
> block msn messenger using iptbales with the following command:

Why not block everything, then just let the traffic that you want go thru?
That is the basic things that people do with firewall / ip tables anyway. If
you do it that way, then you don't need to know specifically how to block
this or that, because you block everything, except for certain traffic that
you know you want, ie, ssh if you run ssh server, http (port 80) if you run
webserver, etc.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja