redhat 7.0 usb driver

Michael Wu mwu at mail2.tercel.com.tw
Mon Mar 15 01:04:41 UTC 2004

Below are links that help me to upgrade the kernel,

1. http://www.crhc.uiuc.edu/~bjb/linux/kernel.html

2. http://www.digitalhermit.com/~kwan/kernel.html

The first article gives the almost completed process for upgrading
except that lacking of copying system.map to /boot. The second article
give a more detailed description for kernel upgrade. To keep the
original kernel, you had better not to copy the tarball source to
/usr/src ( please refer to README ). Thus, you can switch between two
kernels as you want.

Hope that helps.

Michael